Have you recently sustained an injury due to negligence from another party? Whether it’s from a car accident, defective product, or a slip and fall, an injury can have long-lasting effects on your life.
That’s why it’s imperative you seek professional legal help. A personal injury attorney can represent and fight for you when you most need it. The Reno personal injury attorneys at Valiente Mott have extensive experience dealing with all personal injury claims as well as insurance companies, seeking to get the maximum compensation you deserve.
What is a personal injury attorney?
A personal injury attorney in Reno, NV, specializes in cases where a victim was harmed through a negligent or careless action of another party. It is the job of the personal injury attorney to legally represent and fight for the victim when such cases arise.
The goal of all personal injury cases is to compensate and ‘make whole’ the victim for their losses. These losses can include:
- Physical injuries
- Emotional or psychological distress
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of income
- Medical expenses
- Household expenses
With our extensive legal training and experience, the Reno personal injury attorney team at Valiente Mott will guide you through the entire legal process. We work tirelessly on all of our cases consulting with the victim, conducting thorough and extensive discovery, retaining the appropriate expert witnesses, drafting motions, and trying cases. One of our primary goals is always to give victims the highest chance of receiving the maximum compensation.
Personal injury cases are often complex, with lots of moving parts. Valiente Mott’s personal injury attorneys in Reno, NV are skilled in all areas of personal injury law, and deal with extensive negotiations, advocacy, and client relations on a regular basis. They leverage their skills and expertise to handle, oftentimes, stressful and high-pressure cases with tight deadlines.
An effective personal injury lawyer will have considerable experience dealing with insurance companies. Large insurance companies are notorious for settling quickly rather than fairly.
All of our attorneys at the Valiente Mott office have previously represented large insurance companies. We know all the tricks and tactics they utilize to maximize their profits while forcing victims to accept lower settlement offers.
Having seen countless victims fall prey to large insurance corporations, we’ve found it more fulfilling to help victims and families, rather than insurance companies.
Benefits of hiring a personal injury attorney
Hiring a personal injury attorney in Reno after suffering an accident is beneficial for numerous reasons:
- Experienced and professional
As a layman, you’re likely not equipped to deal with the legal jargon and judicial red tape. Proving fault, filing for motions, and filling out paperwork can be painfully complex. With the years of rigorous educational training combined with practical experience, an attorney has the expertise to navigate you through the entire process.
- Negotiation with insurance companies
Handling insurance companies is a tricky ordeal. They are in the business of making money, not handing out fair settlement payments. Insurance adjusters are trained negotiators. Initial low offers are common, and you’ll require skill and expertise to negotiate with them based on facts and evidence.
A skilled attorney will level the playing field and negotiate on your behalf. They will also advise you on what to say and what not to say, to ensure your case is positioned for the best financial recovery possible..
A personal injury attorney will help gather, analyze, and assess evidence relevant to your case. Whether it’s contacting witnesses, researching background information, or studying video evidence, an attorney does the hard work to help build your case.
Having a personal injury attorney will give you a better chance of receiving higher compensation. Insurance companies will take you more seriously when they see you have an experienced attorney representing you.
Attorneys also have seen numerous cases in the past. They will know right away whether compensation is fair or undervalued.
Perhaps you were involved in a serious crash resulting in post-traumatic stress. Or maybe you sustained a permanent injury affecting your ability to work and quality of life.
Injuries can be severe and may impact the rest of your life. A personal injury or auto accident attorney in Reno can provide you with peace of mind in times of stress and chaos. Let an attorney deal with the case, while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
Firm History and Success With Past Clients
When looking for a personal injury lawyer in Reno, you want a firm that will provide you with aggressive representation combined with a compassionate approach. Our past success relies on our legal expertise as well as our honest and open communications with clients.
Both born and raised in Nevada, partners Mike Valiente and Tim Mott have a finger on the pulse of Nevada. Before starting Valiente Mott, Mike and Tim defended some of the largest insurance companies for nearly a decade. They’ve seen first hand how these large insurance companies unfairly treat personal injury victims.
Rather than working for these insurance corporations, Mike and Tim decided they wanted to fight for those who need it the most. Valiente Mott was formed to give victims access to experienced personal injury attorneys. Reno, NV insurance companies are notorious for their exploitive and manipulative tactics. By tackling these companies head on, they provide personal injury victims a fighting chance.
Throughout the entire process, our lines of communication are always transparent and open. We follow-up with all our clients to ensure they are well-informed and are receiving the best treatment possible. Our clients are like family, and we treat them as such.
Our main commitment to you is to fight aggressively to help you receive the maximum compensation you deserve, dedicating all the time and resources at our disposal. As every case is unique, we tailor our legal strategy to your individual circumstances. You can always count on our team to be professional, knowledgeable, and caring from the start to the end of your case.
Cases We Take
There are plenty of situations where you can get the help of a Valiente Mott personal injury attorney. Reno injury cases where we can help include:
- Car Accidents: Nevada car accidents are the leading cause of injuries in the state. High speeds, weather conditions, and human error can all be major contributors to significant injuries. Whether the accident was caused by a distracted, drunk, fatigued, or aggressive driver, you’ll want an experienced car accident lawyer Reno motorists trust to sort through your case.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists can be especially vulnerable making them the biggest beneficiary of an auto accident lawyer. Reno car and truck drivers can easily overlook the necessary precautions when driving alongside motorcycles. As a result, motorcycle accidents result in injuries like burns, fractures, and even brain and spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Bicycle Accidents: If you’re a cyclist, it pays to know an auto accident attorney. Reno is increasingly becoming a biking city. However, due to the lack of protection, a minor collision with a vehicle can cause significant injuries. If you sustained injuries from a bicycle accident, our team can help build a case based on factors such as bicycle equipment design or accident reconstruction scenarios.
- Product Liability: Manufacturers, distributors, and retailers all have a duty to sell safe and well-functioning products. If you sustained an injury due to a defective product, you may be able to seek a product liability claim. Defective products can range from household items, workshop tools, motor vehicles to pharmaceutical drugs, and medical devices.
- Slips and Falls: While a minor injury like a bruised knee is common, severe injuries can also be a consequence of a slip and fall. These can include traumatic brain or spinal cord injuries that can permanently affect your quality of life. What most people don’t know is that you can file a claim with the help of a personal injury attorney. Reno property owners can be held liable if negligence was involved due to premises liability laws.
- Brain Injuries: Brain injuries can often be extremely serious and may require immediate medical attention. Undiagnosed brain injuries can result in significant health risks, such as memory loss, amnesia, personality changes, and loss of motor skills. Our brain injury lawyers in Reno have extensive experience dealing with brain injury victims. We understand the importance of seeking the maximum amount of compensation to help pay for costly treatments.
- Dog Bite Injuries: With about 50 percent of American households owning dogs as pets, dog bites are not an uncommon occurrence. The most common injuries resulting from dog bites include wounds or lacerations to the arms, hands, legs, and feet. In more severe cases, head and neck injuries can also result. You may file for a personal injury claim if another person’s dog bit you and caused any injuries.
- Pedestrian Accidents: If you were a pedestrian hit by a driver, you may want to consider seeking compensation for any injuries incurred with the help of a personal injury attorney. Reno, NV law states that a driver’s careless conduct can be grounds for your personal injury claim. You can pursue compensation for a pedestrian accident either through the other driver’s insurance company or through a civil lawsuit.
- Spine Injuries: Spine injuries are one of the most common injuries that result from a car accident. When your head violently jerks back and forth, whiplash, nerve, or disk rupture damage can happen. You can seek settlements from the driver, but doing so is not an easy endeavor. It’s best to get the expertise of a personal injury attorney. Reno insurance companies are notorious for avoiding fair payments, so a lawyer is essential for ensuring you get the most favorable settlement possible.
- Wrongful Death: Connect with us when you suspect the wrongful death of a loved one was the result of negligence or misconduct by another person, contact a Valiente Mott personal injury lawyer Reno. Whether the negligence was due to a car crash, defective product, or an unsafe workplace condition, our team will help you seek compensation and justice so rightly deserved.
The Reno personal injury lawyer team at Valiente Mott provides the legal assistance you’re looking for. We offer a free consultation on all types of personal injury cases in any of our practice areas. And you only pay if we win. To learn more about how our practice can help you in your particular situation, contact us today.