Serious car accident injuries can turn your life upside down. Faced with mounting medical expenses and lost income, victims need a powerful advocate on their side. If you were hurt in a vehicle collision through no fault of your own, a Reno car accident lawyer at Valiente Mott could provide the legal insight and guidance you need. Before accepting a settlement offer with an insurance company, discuss your options with a trusted car accident attorney who will protect your interests.
At Valiente Mott, our Reno personal injury attorneys and compassionate support staff have the knowledge and resources to maximize your legal recovery after a car accident. Reach out today to schedule a free consultation.
How Our Reno Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Reno is a busy little town. It has earned its nickname “The Biggest Little City in the World” for good reason. So, it’s not surprising to see heavy traffic on local roads and highways. And with so many visitors, the unfortunate reality is that accidents are increasingly common. Valiente Mott provides aggressive representation, ensuring clients aren’t out-muscled by insurance companies only concerned with their bottom line.
We take a client-centered approach to all injury claims and are familiar with the Reno judicial system and judges. When necessary, we bring in industry experts such as forensic engineers, accident reconstructionists, and trauma specialists to help bolster your claim and secure the best possible outcome.
There are many ways our attorneys are instrumental in obtaining the compensation you deserve. When you retain Valiente Mott, we manage every aspect of the legal process.
- Investigating your accident: Getting to the bottom of how your accident happened is essential. We gather valuable evidence and evaluate your case to determine liable parties as we assess the economic and non-economic damages you’ve sustained.
- Negotiating with the insurance company: Many car accident cases will conclude with a settlement. However, before we can settle your case, we will need to reach an agreement with the other driver or their insurance company. While insurance adjusters can be tricky, we are well-versed in their tactics and will fight for a fair offer.
- Trying your case: Taking your case to trial is seldom necessary. However, you can count on your car accident lawyer in Reno to build a strong case and argue it before a jury if needed.
What Does a Car Accident Lawyer in Reno Cost?
As the victim of a motor vehicle accident, you are probably struggling with medical debt. Sudden and unexpected hospital expenses can be overwhelming for most families, especially when insurance companies delay paying your bills. If you cannot work during your recovery, this only exacerbates the strain on your finances.
For many people, adding legal fees into the mix is not an option. The good news is that you can afford high-caliber legal representation without any upfront costs. When you hire a Reno auto accident attorney from Valiente Mott, we will take your case on a contingency basis. That means we cover litigation expenses out of our own pocket.
We only get paid if compensation is recovered on your behalf. This is important as it provides the opportunity to seek justice even if your funds are limited. We are proud to serve the injured in Reno.
Focus on your recovery and health with peace of mind by partnering with a Reno Nevada car accident lawyer at our firm.
Protect Your Rights After a Vehicle Accident
Our Reno car accident lawyers focus on the needs of people like you–motorists who’ve sustained physical, emotional, and financial injury because of another party’s careless actions. We know how to prove negligence and pursue the monetary damages you rightfully deserve after an accident.
Before signing any documents from the insurance company or making statements, contact Valiente Mott to discuss your legal options. In many cases, you may be entitled to a much larger settlement than what is initially offered.
We genuinely care about our clients and are proud of our track record of winning car accident cases involving:
- Distracted driving: In Reno car accidents, distracted driving, such as using a phone while driving, significantly increases the risk of collisions due to the driver’s divided attention.
- Speeding: Exceeding speed limits is a common cause of accidents in Reno, leading to more severe impacts and reduced reaction times for drivers.
- Drowsy driving: Fatigued or drowsy driving is a notable factor in Reno accidents, as it impairs reaction times and decision-making abilities, similar to the effects of alcohol.
- Poor road conditions: Accidents in Reno can be exacerbated by poor road conditions like potholes or lack of proper signage, contributing to loss of vehicle control.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol: DUI of drugs or alcohol is a major cause of car accidents in Reno, severely impairing a driver’s judgment and motor skills.
- Aggressive drivers: Aggressive driving behaviors, including road rage, tailgating, and erratic lane changes, are significant contributors to accidents in Reno.
- Mechanical defects: Vehicle malfunctions or mechanical defects, like brake failure or tire blowouts, can lead to accidents, underscoring the importance of regular vehicle maintenance.
Common Types of Reno Car Accidents
Car accidents can vary depending on the cause of the collision. Common classifications of car accidents in Reno that we typically see are:
- Rear-End Collisions: Often occurring due to sudden stops or tailgating, these are common in heavy traffic areas.
- T-Bone Accidents: Usually happen at intersections and involve a vehicle hitting the side of another.
- Head-On Collisions: Among the most dangerous, these occur when two vehicles collide front-to-front.
- Sideswipe Accidents: Occur when two parallel cars touch, often due to improper lane changes.
- Multi-Vehicle Pile-Ups: Involve multiple vehicles and are common on highways.
- Hit and Run Accidents: Where one party leaves the scene without providing information or assistance.
- Rollovers: Involve a vehicle flipping over, often caused by sharp turns at high speeds or collisions.
Each type of accident has unique causes and implications for legal claims and liability.
Duty to Stop at the Scend of a Crash
Under NRS 484E.010, a critical law in Reno concerning car accidents, drivers involved in a crash that results in injury or death are legally required to stop their vehicle immediately at the crash site. This law mandates that drivers not only halt their vehicles in a manner that minimizes obstruction to traffic but also remain at the scene until specific obligations are fulfilled. These obligations include providing their personal information, such as name and address, the registration number of the vehicle, and, if requested, presenting their driver’s license to the injured party or to the police.
The law further emphasizes the importance of rendering aid to any individuals injured in the crash. This includes offering necessary assistance or arranging medical help, such as transporting the injured to a hospital if required. Failing to comply with these directives can lead to severe legal repercussions.
Duty to Give Information and Render Aid
NRS 484E.030 outlines the duty to give information and render aid following a car accident. This provision requires the driver involved in a crash to:
- Provide their name, address, and vehicle registration number.
- Present their driver’s license to those injured or to a police officer at the scene.
- Render reasonable assistance to injured parties, including arranging for medical treatment if necessary.
This statute ensures that essential aid and information are promptly provided in the aftermath of an accident, emphasizing the legal obligation to support those injured and cooperate with law enforcement.
Important Evidence in Car Accident Claims
In a Reno car accident claim, several key types of evidence are crucial to establish fault and the extent of damages. These include:
- Police Reports: Official reports which detail the accident scene, statements from those involved, and the officer’s observations.
- Witness Statements: Accounts from people who saw the accident can provide independent perspectives on how the incident occurred.
- Medical Records: Documentation of injuries sustained, treatments received, and prognoses, crucial for proving damages and injury severity.
- Photographs and Videos: Visual evidence from the accident scene, including damages to vehicles and any relevant road conditions or traffic signals.
- Expert Testimony: Professionals in fields like accident reconstruction or medical experts can offer insights into the causes of the accident and the impact of injuries.
Each of these – and many other – elements plays a vital role in substantiating a claim, demonstrating the circumstances of the accident, the parties involved, and the resulting damages.
Damages Available in Motor Vehicle Crash Cases
In a Reno car accident claim, the damages that can be sought include:
- Medical Expenses: Costs for medical treatment, including future medical care related to the accident.
- Lost Wages: Compensation for income lost due to time off work for recovery.
- Property Damage: Costs for repairing or replacing damaged vehicles and other property.
- Pain and Suffering: Non-economic damages for physical and emotional distress caused by the accident.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: Compensation for the inability to participate in hobbies and activities.
- Punitive Damages: In cases of egregious negligence, additional damages to punish the responsible party.
Statute of Limitations in Reno Car Accidents
In Reno, the statute of limitations for car accident claims is two (2) years.
This means that individuals involved in a car accident must file a lawsuit within two (2) years from the date of the accident. Failing to file within this period typically means losing the legal right to seek compensation for damages resulting from the accident. This time limit is crucial for preserving the integrity of evidence and the reliability of witness testimony.
How Valiente Mott Can Help After a Collision
At Valiente Mott, our unique approach to handling car crash claims in Reno involves a thorough and client-focused strategy.
We begin by conducting an in-depth analysis of your case, leveraging our extensive experience in significant injury claims to identify key factors and potential areas of compensation. Our team is dedicated to collecting robust evidence, including medical records and witness statements, to build a strong case. We negotiate assertively with insurance companies, using our deep understanding of their tactics to maximize your compensation. Importantly, we keep you informed and supported throughout the process, ensuring that your needs and concerns are addressed. Our goal is to secure the best possible outcome for you, reflecting our commitment to excellence and client satisfaction.
Schedule Your Free Consult with a Reno Auto Accident Attorney
No one should have to deal with the aftermath of a serious car accident injury on their own. At Valiente Mott, we understand how profoundly a car accident can impact your life and how important our role as attorneys is. We are prepared to help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us as soon as possible to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation with car accident lawyers Reno has come to trust.
If you have a question or you are just not sure about putting together a case, let our Las Vegas Injury Law Firm help with your concerns. We take no fees from our clients unless we win.
Contact us today at 702-623-2323 for a FREE CONSULTATION.