Slip and Fall
The motorcycle accident lawyers at Valiente Mott provide quality representation to injury victims in Nevada and Utah. Little stands between a motorcyclist and the asphalt, so when an accident occurs, bikers are vulnerable to life-altering injuries. The harsh reality is that the majority of motorcycle collisions are caused by negligent motorists. Car and truck drivers often don’t see or pay attention to bikers, and have little regard for their safety.
Whether the crash was caused by a reckless driver, a drowsy trucker, or another third party, an experienced motorcycle accident attorney can help victims get medical care and fight for fair compensation. Valiente Mott handles all motorcycle accident claims on a contingent fee basis, which relieves you of any financial risk. There are no upfront costs, and we do not collect our fees unless we win or settle your case.
Nevada Motorcycle Accident Claims
Nevada motorcyclists must comply with the rules of the road in order to drive legally. Under state law, all motorcycle riders must adhere to the following regulations:
- Class M Operator’s License:By the age of 16, motorcyclists must obtain a Class M operator’s license.
- Mandatory helmet use:Like most states, motorcycle helmets are universally required in Nevada. Statistics show that helmet use saves lives and can reduce the incidence of traumatic brain injuries.
- DOT-approved safety goggles: Are required if your motorcycle is not equipped with a windshield.
- Basic operational safety: All motorcycles must have a functioning headlight, turn signals, brake lights, rear-view mirrors, and handlebars that meet height requirements.
In our experience, many motorists have a negative perception of motorcyclists. After an accident, the defendant’s insurer typically tries to argue that the biker was driving carelessly and therefore responsible for his or her own injuries.
When you are represented by a Nevada motorcycle accident lawyer from Valiente Mott, insurance companies take notice. They know that we have the legal savvy and resources to build a compelling claim for damages, and will take the case to trial if need be. This gives our clients leverage and the peace of mind that their accident-related expenses and losses will be justly compensated.
We can seek monetary damages in motorcycle accident claims even if our client is partially at fault — but no more than 50 percent responsible — for the collision.
You don’t have to navigate the legal process alone after being hurt in a motorcycle accident. Visit Valiente Mott at either of our Nevada office locations:
Personal Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
7785 W. Sahara Ave. Ste. 102
Las Vegas, NV 89117
5470 Kietzke Lane, Suite 300
Reno, NV 89511
Reno & Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Cases
Several parties may be held liable for a motorcycle accident. Many claims arise from the careless actions of another driver, but other potential defendants include the manufacturer of a defective vehicle part, or the company that owns the vehicle driven by the defendant, if it was being driven for work-related purposes.
As your Las Vegas motorcycle accident lawyer, we will:
- Analyze police accident reports, as well as photos and video from the crash scene
- Interview any eyewitnesses
- Conduct independent investigations
- Handle all communications with insurance companies
- Collect evidence that backs up your injury claims
- Prepare all legal documents and demand letters
- Consult with medical specialists, forensic engineers, financial experts, and other professionals as needed
- Advocate for a fair settlement on your behalf
Our attorneys understand how overwhelming life can become after your health and wellbeing have been undermined by negligence on the road. As your legal advocate, we treat you like family and ensure that you feel supported and informed. When you are dealing with catastrophic injuries and thousands of dollars in hospital bills, lost income, and damage to your bike, you need compassionate yet powerful representation.
Protect yourself and your legal rights after being injured. Contact a Reno motorcycle accident lawyer at Valiente Mott for a free consultation.
Utah Motorcycle Accident Claims
Our legal team is well-versed in Utah motorcycle accident laws and is able to give the time and attention that each case deserves. Under Utah state law, all motorcycle riders must adhere to the following regulations:
- Helmet laws:No one under the age of 21 can operate a motorcycle or ride as passenger without wearing a DOT-approved helmet
- Eye protection:All motorcyclists must use eye protection if their bike does not have a windshield
- Minimum Insurance: In order to register and operate your motorcycle, you must purchase compulsory Liability Insurance
- Basic safety requirements: All motorcycles must have a functioning headlight, tail lamp, brake lights, one side-view mirror, a horn, and passenger footrests. The handlebars must not exceed shoulder height.
In Utah, motorcyclists cannot use their PIP insurance policy for coverage in the event of a wreck. The only exception is if their own car insurance policy specifies that motorcycles are covered. Motorcycle passengers, however, may be eligible for No-Fault insurance benefits.
There are many complexities that are deftly handled by a skilled Utah motorcycle accident lawyer at our firm. We can establish liability and help victims seek appropriate compensation given the state’s comparative negligence laws. Under this doctrine, injured bikers can seek damages for their losses provided they are less than 50 percent at fault.
Salt Lake City Motorcycle Accidents
If you’re hurt in a motorcycle crash, you’ll need considerable evidence to secure compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance company, or less commonly, in a court of law. Working with a trusted Salt Lake City motorcycle accident lawyer is always in your best interests, as this ensures you will be treated fairly.
Free Consultation for Nevada or Utah Residents
Do not attempt to negotiate with insurance adjusters on your own. Let our Nevada and Utah motorcycle accident lawyers advocate on your behalf. Call the law firm of Valiente Mott today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
We would like to hear from you so we can provide you with a free evaluation. It’s best to always consult with an Injury Lawyer for any type of legal advice regarding your injuries.
Our Injury Lawyers will even come to you for a free consultation. If you have a question or you are just not sure about putting together a case, let our Injury Law Firm help with your concerns. No fee unless we win.
Contact us today at 702-623-2323 for a FREE CONSULTATION
Valiente Mott is a law firm dedicated to helping personal injury victims. We handle all personal injury matters, including, but not limited to, car crashes, defective products, and catastrophic injury. We are compassionate, yet aggressive when protecting personal injury victims and families who lost loved ones in fatal accidents. Learn more about who we are.
Hablamos Español. Consulta gratuita.
Personal Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
Personal Injury Attorney in Salt Lake City, UT
2975 West Executive Parkway, Suite 164
Lehi UT 84043