Slip and Fall
A brain injury can result from a sports injury, car accident, medical malpractice, or a fall. Immediate or delayed symptoms can include confusion, blurry vision, and headaches. In some cases, victims may suffer physical and psychological disabilities which can be permanent. Scheduling a consultation with Valiente Mott can be a crucial first step in learning how you can achieve justice for your injuries. We are a law firm dedicated to personal injury victims. We are compassionate yet aggressive when protecting you and your family. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Utah Brain Injury Claims
When you consult with a Utah brain injury lawyer, they will be well-versed in the severity of these injuries, including the long-term repercussions. An experienced Salt Lake City brain injury lawyer from our team will know how to advocate for you and fight for justice on your behalf as you adjust to a new way of life. Further, according to Utah’s Public Health Data Resource, new information has emerged about Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) in Utah:
- TBI is a leading cause of death and disability in Utah
- In 2019, 423 per 100,000 Utahns were hospitalized due to a TBI
- More than half (52.8 percent) of the TBI hospitalizations and deaths in 2016-17 were caused by a fall. Motor vehicle accidents (13.4 percent) were the second-leading cause.
- For the 5-19 age group, Utah’s rate of TBI deaths is higher than the national rate for that age group.
- For the 0-4 age group, Utah’s rate of TBI deaths is slightly lower than the national rate for that age range.
Nevada Brain Injury Claims
For Nevada residents, contact a lawyer you can trust. We have offices in Las Vegas and Reno. We’ve handled cases similar to yours and achieved successful outcomes. An experienced Nevada brain injury lawyer knows that Nevada Administrative Code Section 388.134 defines a TBI as an injury to the brain caused by an external force that can result in the total or partial functional disability or psychosocial impairment of a person. It can affect:
- Cognitive abilities
- Information processing
- Abstract thinking
- Problem-solving abilities
- Sensory, perceptual, and motor skill abilities
- Psychosocial behavior
- Physical functions
It is the job of a Reno brain injury lawyer to legally represent and fight for you so that you get the maximum compensation you deserve. The same holds for Las Vegas.
Categories of Damages You May Win
If you suffer a brain injury due to the negligence of another party in Nevada or Utah, you may be eligible to receive financial compensation for your damages. Some of the most common types of damages include:
- All medical costs, such as transportation to the hospital via ambulance or helicopter, emergency room visits, hospital stays, x-rays and imaging, assistive devices, doctors appointments, physical therapy, occupational therapy, psychological therapy, prescription drugs, and in-home care.
- Lost wages compensate you for the time you were forced to miss at work due to your injuries.
- Loss of earning capacity covers the gap between what you would have earned had you not gotten injured and what you make following your injuries.
- Pain and suffering would compensate you for the pain you may suffer every day while you are recuperating and the toll it takes on your mental health.
- Loss of companionship. Your brain injury may render you incapable of participating in a number of bonding activities with your loved ones which could significantly impact the quality of your most valued relationships.
- Loss of enjoyment of life, there may be numerous activities and events in which you can no longer partake due to your physical, mental, or psychological disabilities.
What if I Partially Caused My Accident?
Some brain injury victims express concern that they may be ineligible to recover financial compensation because they were partly responsible for the accident. However, while the laws in Utah and Nevada vary slightly, both states allow you to recover financial compensation even if you were partially responsible.
In Utah, you can still recover financial compensation if you were less than 50 percent at-fault for the accident. In Nevada, on the other hand, you can still receive monetary compensation by filing a lawsuit with a Las Vegas brain injuries lawyer as long as you were not more than 50 percent responsible for the accident. In other words, Nevada is slightly more favorable for brain injury victims than Utah because it still allows for financial recovery even if you were exactly 50 percent at fault, whereas Utah does not.
Brain injury cases are complex, so we suggest you schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney as soon as possible following your accident. This case review will educate you about your legal rights and any looming legal deadlines.
Contact us for a free consultation
At Valiente Mott, our attorneys understand the physical, emotional, mental, and financial trauma a brain injury can cause you and your family. As a result, we treat our clients with compassion, focusing on honest communication, achieving justice, and maximum financial compensation.
If you have suffered a brain injury in Nevada or Utah, call us to schedule a cost-free consultation. We work on a contingency basis, so there are no upfront legal fees.
Valiente Mott is a law firm dedicated to helping personal injury victims. We handle all personal injury matters, including, but not limited to, car crashes, defective products, and catastrophic injury. We are compassionate, yet aggressive when protecting personal injury victims and families who lost loved ones in fatal accidents. Learn more about who we are.
Hablamos Español. Consulta gratuita.
Personal Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
700 South 7th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Personal Injury Attorney in Reno, NV
5470 Kietzke Lane, Suite 300
Reno, NV 89511
Personal Injury Attorney in Salt Lake City, UT
2975 West Executive Parkway, Suite 164
Lehi UT 84043