Not only can a serious accident change your life forever, but it can also forever change the lives of your loved ones. The emotional and physical trauma you experience may not dissipate anytime soon, and your loved ones are traumatized to a similar degree, albeit in a different way. And that does not even take into account the financial stress that may have just involuntarily become your reality for the foreseeable future.
With all of that in mind, it is easy to understand why personal injury accident victims may feel helpless, scared, and confused. Our attorneys at Valiente Mott pride ourselves on pursuing justice on behalf of those whose lives have been thrown into upheaval through no fault of their own. If you have been injured in an accident caused by another person or entity, we invite you to schedule a free consultation with a Las Vegas personal injury attorney by calling us today.
Meet the Attorneys
Michael S. Valiente and Tim Mott, left their positions at Nevada’s leading insurance defense trial law firm, transitioning their focus to aiding individuals rather than insurance corporations. With a wealth of expertise, the team specializes in advocating for those affected by car accidents, faulty products, and severe injuries.
Our Results in Personal Injury Cases
We are local to Las Vegas and have secured millions for our clients. Don’t hesitate to reach out today if you’ve experienced an injury or auto accident. Consultations are always FREE.
- $3,059,000 car accident settlement
- $3,025,500 car accident settlement
- $2,600,000 auto accident settlement
- $1,300,000 dog bite settlement
Why Choose Valiente Mott?
With thousands of personal injury lawyers to choose from, it’s important that you pick a firm that has your best interests in mind. Choosing Valiente Mott offers you the assurance of unparalleled customer service and exceptional results.
From our Las Vegas car accident lawyers to our Las Vegas spine injuries attorneys, our team distinguishes itself by providing industry-leading support, with dedicated lines monitored seven days a week, ensuring that our clients can always reach someone when needed. Our responsiveness is our commitment to client care, setting us apart as the most attentive firm to our client needs. Moreover, our legal team is composed of top-tier law graduates with a history of handling high-exposure cases, a compassionate approach, and a culture of empathy and advocacy.
Our reputation at Valiente Mott is further bolstered by the trust we have earned from our peers, with a significant portion of our business coming from referrals within the legal communities of Nevada. Such endorsements underscore our firm’s standing as a trusted name in personal injury law. We offer a comprehensive suite of services, managing every aspect of a client’s case, including property damage, insurance disputes, and injury claims, ensuring a seamless and worry-free legal journey. With over 400+ five-star client reviews and a 99% success rate, our team at Valiente Mott is a firm of great lawyers where clients become advocates, and where every case is a commitment to victory with honesty and integrity at the forefront.
Personal injury accident claims can be complex, with a number of possible defendants and insurance companies that will do everything they can to minimize your financial recovery. Therefore, it is in your best interests to consult with our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers at Valiente Mott as soon as possible after your accident.
At Valiente Mott, our attorneys fight for what is fair – we fight for justice. We have no problem standing toe-to-toe with large insurance companies and tenaciously advocating for a successful outcome for our valued clients.
How Our Attorneys Manage Claims
A Valiente Mott attorney relies upon professional excellence and unparalleled customer service in managing personal injury claims. Our team begins with a meticulous investigation, leveraging our vast experience to gather crucial evidence and construct a compelling case. We navigate the complexities of medical records and may even collaborate with healthcare professionals to accurately assess the full impact of the injuries on our clients’ lives.
We provide a “full-service approach” meaning that we are available to handle every aspect of your claim, including intricate details like property damages, rental car issues, employment concerns, and health insurance disputes, in addition to the injury claim itself. We strive to meet our standard of honesty and integrity, such as setting proper expectations with our clients and doing the right thing in every situation.
Our approach with our clients is to provide accessibility and to be responsive at all times. Our clients have the benefit of text lines that are monitored seven days a week, and staff and attorneys who make themselves readily available for calls, ensuring constant communication and transparency throughout the legal process.
Common Personal Injury Claims
Personal injury claims in Las Vegas cover a wide range of events. Some common personal injury cases we often see at Valiente Mott include:
- Car Accidents: These are among the most common personal injury claims and occur when drivers, passengers, or pedestrians are injured due to the negligence of another driver.
- Slip and Fall Cases: These claims arise when a person slips, trips, or falls as a result of a dangerous or hazardous condition on someone else’s property.
- Medical Malpractice: When doctors or other healthcare professionals fail to provide competent and reasonably skilled care, patients can pursue claims for medical malpractice.
- Product Liability: If a consumer is injured by a defective product, they may have a claim against the manufacturer and/or seller of the product.
- Workplace Accidents: Employees injured on the job may file personal injury claims if the injury was caused by negligence or unsafe conditions at work.
- Wrongful Death: These claims are brought when an individual dies due to the negligence or misconduct of another party.
- Dog Bites: In Nevada, dog owners can be held liable if their dog bites someone, depending on the circumstances surrounding the incident.
- Bicycle Accidents: Cyclists injured due to the negligence of a motorist or due to unsafe road conditions may have a personal injury claim.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Similar to car accidents, motorcyclists can file personal injury claims if they are injured due to the negligence of another driver.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians injured by vehicles or due to unsafe property conditions may have personal injury claims.
“When you hire Valiente Mott, you also get the expert personnel and cumulative experience of the law firm which they are able to provide a level of service far greater than any stand-alone lawyer ever could.”
ALLEN HARINA | GOOGLE REVIEW
“They deserve 10 stars for outstanding service and communication! If you need an injury attorney, I highly recommend Valiente Mott!!”
DARLENE CORRALES-SEGUIN | GOOGLE REVIEW
Types of Damages Available in Las Vegas Personal Injury Claims
While the legal system cannot do anything to undo your accident, it does provide recourse for you to pursue financial compensation for the damages you have suffered. Here are some of the types of compensation commonly sought by personal injury accident victims:
- All medical costs, which may include an emergency room visit after a truck crash or surgery following a slip and fall accident, as well as post-surgery rehabilitation.
- Lost wages, can compensate you for the salary, benefits, vacation time, and retirement contributions that you may have lost due to being unable to work following the vicious animal attack you suffered.
- Loss of earning capacity. If you were a victim of medical malpractice following a botched surgery at University Medical Center, it is possible that you will be able to return to the workforce, but in a diminished capacity due to the physical, mental, or emotional injuries you have sustained. This category of damages would fill in the gap between what you would have made had you never gotten injured and what you make now in your diminished state.
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering. The physical and emotional fallout from a construction accident can be devastating, as you may experience intense physical pain for years to come and also be terrified of going out in public.
- Loss of enjoyment of life. Prior to your workplace accident, you may have had a vibrant social life, you may have been highly active in a number of sports and activities, and you may have enjoyed traveling frequently. However, with a debilitating back injury where you struggle to walk, sit, or stand for any length of time, it may be nearly impossible to do any of the things you used to enjoy.
- Loss of companionship. If the serious spinal cord injury you sustained in a car crash has rendered you incapable of holding anything over 10 pounds, running, jumping, bending over, or sitting on the floor, your ability to bond with your toddler will be significantly diminished. Your marriage may also suffer due to your inability to be as active and social as you used to be and the depression resulting from that.
In Las Vegas, there are certain limits on how much a plaintiff can recover in personal injury lawsuits, which are referred to as damage caps. These caps are primarily in place to limit the financial exposure of insurers in these cases. Some damages caps to be aware of in Las Vegas personal injury claims include:
- Medical Malpractice Cases: In Nevada, the amount a plaintiff can recover for noneconomic damages, such as pain and suffering, in a medical malpractice lawsuit is capped at $350,000. (NV Rev Stat § 41A.035)
- Government Employee Cases: If the defendant is a government employee and the negligent act occurred within the scope of their employment, the damages are capped at $100,000. This cap is inclusive of all damages and punitive damages are not recoverable in these cases. (NV Rev Stat § 41.035)
- Punitive Damages: Nevada law also limits punitive damages, which are intended to punish particularly harmful behavior. If the compensatory damages awarded are less than $100,000, punitive damages are capped at $300,000. If compensatory damages are $100,000 or more, punitive damages may be up to three times the amount of compensatory damages. (NV Rev Stat § 42.005)
It’s important to note that there are no caps on economic damages in Nevada personal injury cases, which means there is no limit on what can be recovered for financial losses such as medical bills, property damage, and lost wages.
What is Modified Comparative Negligence
Some accident victims who contact our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers express concern about not being eligible to recover any damages because they may have been partially responsible for the accident. However, Nevada is a modified comparative negligence state, meaning that you can still recover financial compensation as long as you were not more than 50 percent at fault for the accident. The total damages that you incur will be reduced in proportion to your share of the fault. For example, if you sustained $1 Million worth of damages in a serious bus accident and were determined to have been 45 percent responsible for it, you could still recover $550,000.
Call Today for a Free and Confidential Case Evaluation with our Personal Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
At Valiente Mott, we understand the physical, emotional, and financial burdens that come with personal injuries and are dedicated to easing this burden for our clients. Our experienced Las Vegas personal injury attorneys will meticulously analyze every aspect of your case, offering personalized legal strategies tailored to maximize your compensation. We pride ourselves on our transparent and client-centered approach, ensuring you are informed and involved at every step. By choosing Valiente Mott, you’re not just getting legal representation; you’re gaining a partner who will steadfastly advocate for your rights and work tirelessly to secure the justice and compensation you deserve. If you have been injured in an accident caused by another person or entity, call Valiente Mott today to book a cost-free case review. Our clients owe us no attorney fees unless they win their case.