Slip and Fall
Serious personal injuries that produce physical, emotional, and economic suffering require legal counsel of the highest caliber. When you need tenacious, results-driven personal injury lawyers in Nevada, you can count on the law firm of Valiente Mott.
If the reckless actions of an individual or entity caused harm to you or a loved one, the law affords remedies. Faced with medical bills, lost income, and financial uncertainty, you want a skilled attorney by your side. You also want a legal advocate who is well-versed in Nevada tort laws, as well as common insurance tactics to minimize settlement payouts.
Don’t underestimate the complexity of a car crash, slip and fall, or other accident. Get sound guidance from Las Vegas born-and-raised injury attorneys at Valiente Mott. We genuinely care about our clients and are staunch and tireless advocates.
Comprehensive Representation for Personal Injury Claims
Our Nevada personal injury lawyers provide effective representation in a wide variety of matters, and we prepare every case as if it were going to trial.
When you retain our attorneys, insurance companies pay attention. Why? Because we have the knowledge and resources to protect the injured and level the playing field. Our legal expertise in personal injury law extends to the following areas:
- Car accidents: We handle all types of car accident claims stemming from distracted driving, speeding, intoxication, and other forms of negligence
- Commercial bus accidents: Driver fatigue, mechanical failure, driver error, and lax maintenance can give rise to legal action after a commercial bus accident
- Truck accidents: Crashes involving semis and tractor-trailers often result in debilitating injuries and damages. Our team litigates truck accident claims in Las Vegas, Reno, and the surrounding metro area.
- Bicycle accidents: Cyclists are among the most vulnerable roadway users and have the right to seek legal recourse when a negligent or inattentive driver causes injuries
- Motorcycle accidents: Every year, dozens of Nevada motorcyclists are severely hurt by distracted or reckless motorists. We work tirelessly to ensure that liable drivers are held responsible.
- Pedestrian accidents: Victims who survive a pedestrian knock-down may be left with devastating injuries and costly medical bills. Our detailed investigations and case preparation can increase the chances of a successful recovery.
- Slip and fall accidents: Property owners and operators have a legal obligation to ensure their premises are reasonably safe for visitors and patrons.
- Dog bite injuries: Any dog bite or attack resulting in personal injury can merit legal action when the canine’s owner can be proven negligent.
- Product liability: We represent individuals who are injured because of manufacturing or design defects that lead to a dangerous product or medical device.
- Catastrophic injuries: Whether stemming from an 18-wheeler accident, dangerous property, or dog attack, catastrophic injuries can undermine quality of life and prevent victims from maintaining gainful employment. Valiente Mott handles injury claims arising from spinal cord injuries, paralysis, and traumatic brain injury.
Nevada Negligence Laws
Negligence is the legal theory for most personal injury actions. To establish negligence, your Las Vegas personal injury lawyer must establish the following elements:
- Duty of Care: The defendant owed a legal duty of care to the plaintiff
- Breach of Duty: The defendant breached this duty. Examples can include driving while drunk. failing to address a dangerous condition on their property, among others.
- Causation: This breach was the cause of the plaintiff’s injuries
- Damages: There are actual damages, such as lost wages and medical expenses, that were incurred
Under Nevada Statute 41.141 regarding comparative negligence, a plaintiff can still seek compensation for their personal injuries, even if they are partially to blame. This is only applicable to those whose liability is deemed no more than 50 percent.
Time Limits for Filing a Personal Injury Case
Like all states, Nevada has a statute of limitations for pursuing a civil claim. This time frame depends on the type of case being filed. Personal injury, product liability, and wrongful death claims must be brought within two years of the accident.
If the statute of limitation expires, the courts will likely bar the case. No matter what kind of accident you suffered, it’s important to seek counsel from a Nevada personal injury attorney as soon as possible. This will increase your chances of recovering the compensation you need to rebuild your life.
Personal Injury Lawyers that Nevada Residents Trust
Our personal injury attorneys are committed to excellence and devote our full attention to your case. For more information about our services or filing a personal injury lawsuit in Nevada, please reach out to Valiente Mott for a free case evaluation. There is never a fee unless we win.
We would like to hear from you so we can provide you with a free evaluation. It’s best to always consult with an Injury Lawyer for any type of legal advice regarding your injuries.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers will even come to you for a free consultation. If you have a question or you are just not sure about putting together a case, let our Injury Law Firm help with your concerns. No fee unless we win.
Contact us today at 702-623-2323 for a FREE CONSULTATION
Valiente Mott is a law firm dedicated to helping personal injury victims. We handle all personal injury matters, including, but not limited to, car crashes, defective products, and catastrophic injury. We are compassionate, yet aggressive when protecting personal injury victims and families who lost loved ones in fatal accidents. Learn more about who we are.
Hablamos Español. Consulta gratuita.
Personal Injury Attorney in Salt Lake City, UT
2975 West Executive Parkway, Suite 164
Lehi UT 84043