Slip and Fall
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can be catastrophic, leading to a lifetime disability or even personality changes. However, if it was due to another party’s reckless or wrongful actions, you may be eligible to receive compensation. If this has happened to you or a loved one, schedule a free consultation with a Nevada personal injury attorney at Valiente Mott. We are a law firm dedicated to helping personal injury victims. We excel at this because we are compassionate yet aggressive when protecting the rights of our clients.
If you are seeking experienced attorneys in Nevada or Utah call us today for a FREE Consultation!
Common Causes of Severe Brain Injuries
Some of the most common causes of TBIs include:
- Can include a fall from a bed, ladder, stairs, shower, or other elevated or hazardous locations. TBIs from falls are particularly common for seniors.
- Vehicular accidents. These accidents require specific industry and legal knowledge. A Nevada car accident lawyer can inform you of your legal options.
- Gunshot wounds and domestic violence comprise a significant percentage of TBIs.
- Sports injuries. Football, a high-contact sport, is infamous for causing TBIs.
- Explosive blasts. These TBIs are most common in active-duty military personnel.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
There are several types of TBIs, each with unique symptoms. They include:
- Concussions: The most common type occurs when the brain collides with the skull.
- Contusions: A bruising on the brain from mild internal bleeding.
- Brain Hemorrhage: An uncontrolled bleed on the surface or within the brain tissue.
- Intracranial Hematoma: A collection of blood inside the skull.
- Coup-Contrecoup Brain Injury: When the force of the blow causes the brain to strike the skull, rebound, and then strike the other side of the skull.
- Diffuse Axonal Injury: When the brain is shaken or twisted inside the skull.
- Penetrating Brain Injury: When the skull is penetrated, and an object or skull fragments are driven into the brain.
- Second Impact Syndrome: When a second TBI occurs before the first has healed.
Establishing a Brain Injury Claim
To succeed in a personal injury case, the plaintiff will need to prove negligence—using this specific legal formula:
- The existence of a legal duty that the defendant owed to the plaintiff.
- Defendant’s breach of that duty.
- Plaintiff’s suffers an injury.
- Proof that the defendant’s breach caused the injury (typically defined through proximate cause)
If successful, damages for the plaintiff can include:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation bills
- Lost wages
- Damaged property, i.e., a car in an accident.
Non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
The brain injury lawyers at Valiente Mott have years of experience with TBI settlements and litigation. Our Las Vegas accident attorneys can help you to receive the largest damages award possible—so that you can heal and rebuild your life. Contact us today for a free consultation. We work on a contingency basis, so there are no upfront fees.
Contact a Utah Brain Injury Lawyer
If you or someone you know have suffered a traumatic brain injury due to the negligence or recklessness of other parties, you need the services of an experienced Nevada auto accident attorney at Valiente Mott. After we review your claim thoroughly, we will let you know your options.
While most brain injury lawsuits are settled, we will proceed with litigation if the insurance company does not agree to a reasonable settlement. There are no fees unless you receive compensation for your injuries.
Valiente Mott is a law firm dedicated to helping personal injury victims. We handle all personal injury matters, including, but not limited to, car crashes, defective products, and catastrophic injury. We are compassionate, yet aggressive when protecting personal injury victims and families who lost loved ones in fatal accidents. Learn more about who we are.
Hablamos Español. Consulta gratuita.
Personal Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
Personal Injury Attorney in Salt Lake City, UT
2975 West Executive Parkway, Suite 164
Lehi UT 84043