Car accidents may cause devastating injuries that can permanently change your life. Often, these injuries are immediately apparent, but sometimes you will not realize right away that you have been seriously hurt, as the symptoms might take a while to come to light.
Whatever injuries you have sustained in a car accident, it is in your best interests to reach out to an experienced car accident lawyer to protect your legal right to full compensation for your losses. Contact Valiente Mott for a free consultation.
Common Injuries Sustained in a Motor Vehicle Accident
Injuries resulting from a car accident can range from relatively minor to life-threatening. Some of the more common injuries resulting from car accidents include:
- Broken bones: You might sustain a broken bone, also known as a fracture, because of the direct impact of another vehicle which causes you to hit something inside of the vehicle in which you are situated. Some of the more common fractures we see occurring because of car accidents consist of bones breaking in arms, hands, legs, etc.
- Internal injuries: If the force of the accident causes your body to impact something else within the car, it is possible that you might sustain internal injuries, i.e., organ damage to the abdomen, kidneys, etc.
- Soft Tissue injuries: Relatively non-serious injuries, like sprains or strains, are commonly referred to as soft tissue injuries.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Traumatic Brain Injuries or TBIs are some of the most serious injuries someone can sustain in a car accident. Any damage to the brain can be life-changing and can result in permanent cognitive impairment, loss of memory, personality changes, loss of bodily functions, or even death.
- Spinal Injuries and Paralysis: Another potential life-changing injury could be one that occurs to the spinal cord. Since the spinal cord essentially transmits signals from the brain to other parts of the body, any injury to it can mean that you might be at risk of getting paralyzed.
Seeking compensation for car accident injuries
Luckily, Nevada allows for the injured party to seek financial relief after being injured in a car accident. However, keep in mind that under Nevada law, you only have two years from the date of the accident to file your lawsuit, otherwise you will not be able to seek the relief you deserve. You are entitled to seek compensation for damages like medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, as well as other losses.
However, just because you have been in a car accident does not mean you automatically get to receive compensation. Rather you will still need to prove who is at fault for the accident as well as the extent of your injuries. A skilled Nevada personal injury lawyer will be able to assist you in both of those areas.
Even if you are partially at fault, you can still recover from your injuries. The recovery which you receive, in most cases, will come from the insurance company of the responsible party. The insurance company will try to argue with you to devalue your case. This is where an experienced Nevada car accident lawyer will be helpful. An experienced attorney will not only know how to deal with the insurance company but will also know which evidence to use to strengthen your case.
Contact us for a free consultation
If you have sustained an injury after being involved in a car accident, you will need the right law firm to represent you. Our team at Valiente Mott is well versed in handling car accident cases and will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve. From Las Vegas to Reno and beyond, we are ready to listen and be your advocate every step of the way. Contact us today for a free consultation.
We would like to hear from you so we can provide you with a free evaluation. It’s best to always consult with an Injury Lawyer for any type of legal advice regarding your injuries.
Our Las Vegas Injury Lawyers will even come to you for a free consultation. If you have a question or you are just not sure about putting together a case, let our Las Vegas Injury Law Firm help with your concerns. No fee unless we win.
Contact us today at 702-623-2323 for a FREE CONSULTATION