Slip and Fall
THE WRONGFUL DEATH LAWYERS NEVADA RESIDENTS TRUST
The death of a loved one is hard to endure. When that death stems from the negligence or misconduct of another person, it only complicates an already difficult situation. With so much going on, and a finite amount of time to make decisions due to Nevada’s statute of limitations, knowing when to connect with a Nevada wrongful death attorney to handle your wrongful death claim can be the differentiating factor in whether or not you are fairly compensated for your loss.
So what is a wrongful death claim, and why do you need the help of a wrongful death lawyer? Nevada accidental deaths can happen to anyone, including your loved ones. It’s important to know your options if you find yourself in this situation.
A wrongful death claim is essentially a lawsuit brought on behalf of a deceased party, who, if he or she were alive, would be able to bring a personal injury claim against the at-fault party. Because wrongful death claims are civil lawsuits, they must be filed in court by the appropriate party, often with the help of a wrongful death attorney. Nevada shooting victims back in 2017, for instance, filed a wrongful death lawsuit against MGM Resorts.
One question that comes up often is who can file a wrongful death claim and get the services of a wrongful death attorney? Nevada law states that only certain individuals can file such a claim. Usually the personal representative of the decedent’s estate, the deceased person’s surviving spouse, domestic partner, or children; or if there is no surviving spouse or children, the parents of the decedent may file a wrongful death claim.
Types of Wrongful Death Claims
The most common kinds of negligent acts that a Nevada wrongful death attorney justifies as valid reasons for a claim, include:
- Car or truck crashes where the other driver was negligent
- Accidents that take place on someone else’s property due to improper maintenance
- Accidents caused by an unsafe product that was defectively designed or manufactured
- Workplace accidents (such as a fall or a slip) involving unsafe working conditions; an
- Medical malpractice on the part of a physician or surgeon
- Regardless of what type of negligent behavior or decision making caused your loved one’s untimely death, our wrongful death lawyers will work diligently to prove liability and protect the interests of you as well as your family and help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Wrongful Death Compensation
It’s important not to waste time when hiring a wrongful death attorney. Nevada only gives appropriate parties a maximum of two years after the victim’s death to file a wrongful death claim. If a victim’s family can establish that another person or entity’s negligence was the cause of their loved one’s death, they may be able to obtain compensation to support their financial losses. In a wrongful death claim, a victim’s family members may be able to recover for the following:
- Medical bills related to the deceased person’s final injury or illness
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost wages and loss of future income, including those that the deceased person could have earned in his or her remaining years
- Property damage incurred as a result of the events that caused the victim’s death
- Loss of benefits to surviving heirs
- The loss of companionship, comfort, and affection of the deceased individual
- The grief and sorrow of the surviving family members; an
- The pain and suffering or disfigurement suffered by the victim prior to his or her death
- In some cases, a jury may award a victim’s family punitive damages, which are not intended to compensate the deceased person’s relatives, but are a method of penalizing especially deplorable conduct. This includes conduct that was intentional or reckless.
Wrongful Death Attorney Nevada Victim Assistance
Valiente Mott is the top wrongful death attorney in Nevada. As a result, insurance companies take seriously. They know we prepare every case to be successful in court. Attorneys Mike Valiente and Tim Mott defended insurance companies before protecting victims of car accidents, truck accidents, and motorcycle accidents and their families. Mike and Tim have firsthand experience with the techniques insurance companies use to avoid compensating families who tragically lost loved ones in wrongful death accidents.
Valiente Mott is the state’s best legal liaison. Personal injury, wrongful death, Nevada negligence crimes, and other injury cases are some of the cases, as well as other practice areas. We offer a compassionate, yet aggressive approach to families who tragically lost loved ones in wrongful death accidents. As a Las Vegas wrongful death attorney, we understand your life changed in an instant — our law firm will hold at-fault parties responsible and seek maximum compensation to protect your family’s future. If your loved one passes because of another’s negligence, please call the attorneys at Valiente Mott for a free consultation regarding Nevada wrongful death lawsuits.
We would like to hear from you so we can provide you with a free evaluation. It’s best to always consult with an Injury Lawyer for any type of legal advice regarding your injuries.
Our Las Vegas, NV Injury Lawyers will even come to you for a free consultation. If you have a question or you are just not sure about putting together a case, let our Las Vegas Injury Law Firm help with your concerns. No fee unless we win.
Contact us today at 702-623-2323 for a FREE CONSULTATION
Valiente Mott is a law firm dedicated to helping personal injury victims. We handle all personal injury matters, including, but not limited to, car crashes, defective products, and catastrophic injury. We are compassionate, yet aggressive when protecting personal injury victims and families who lost loved ones in fatal accidents. Learn more about who we are.
Hablamos Español. Consulta gratuita.
Personal Injury Attorney in Salt Lake City, UT
2975 West Executive Parkway, Suite 164
Lehi UT 84043