While we all might make minor errors while driving, deciding to get behind the wheel when drunk is an egregious and irresponsible mistake that can cause life-changing consequences for innocent victims. At Valiente Mott, we work hard to ensure the best results for victims in civil cases. We are experienced and vigorous in our representation of our clients involved in car accidents. Further, we think it’s important to make our community safer by deterring this type of behavior. If you’ve been hurt in a DUI accident, contact us for a free consultation.
Nevada Drunk Driving Accidents
Being injured in a motor vehicle accident can lead to devastating repercussions for years to come for you and your loved ones—this is especially true in cases of drunk driving crashes. While no one can do anything to undo the accident, an experienced Nevada drunk driving accident lawyer knows that the legal system provides recourse for you to receive financial compensation for the damages you incur.
Las Vegas Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys
According to a 2021 study, Las Vegas is the worst city in the entire country for drunk driving. It leads the nation with 1,986 DUI arrests per 100,000 people, averaging 4,311 DUI arrests per year, which equates to over 11 DUI arrests per day. If this has happened to you, we are conveniently located in Las Vegas, 7785 W. Sahara Ave., Ste. 102. You can reach us at 702-623-2323.
Our team is compassionate yet aggressive when protecting personal injury victims. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our team of Las Vegas car accident lawyers for legal guidance and support.
Reno, NV Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys
In addition to the danger they pose to themselves and others, drunk drivers in Reno face stiff punishments. DUI’s that are adjudicated in Reno Municipal Court are misdemeanors, with a maximum sentence that could include the following:
- Six months in jail
- A fine of $1,000, not including court fees
- 200 hours of community service
- Probation for three years
If you’ve been injured in a drunk driving accident in Reno, we have an office here at 5470 Kietzke Lane, Suite 300. Or call us at 775-313-0003. We want to make our community safer by deterring negligent conduct by forcing defendants to pay the fair value of our clients’ claims. Contact our team of Nevada car accident lawyers today.
Utah Drunk Driving Accidents
According to a 2018 study, there were some alarming drunk driving statistics in Utah:
- There were 61 alcohol-impaired driving fatalities in Utah in 2018, 7 of which were under the age of 21
- There were 92 DUI arrests in 2018 for drivers under the age of 18
- There were 7,119 total DUI arrests in 2018
In addition, on December 30, 2018, Utah became the first state to lower the legal blood alcohol content (BAC) limit from 0.08 percent to 0.05 percent for drivers over the age of 21. Yet even with these more stringent laws, individuals still decide to get behind the wheel and drive while impaired.
Salt Lake City Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys
Drunk driving is also a problem in Salt Lake City. According to the Utah Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice’s 2019 Annual DUI Report, there were 3,620 DUI arrests in Salt Lake County in 2019. Rep. Norm Thurston, R-Provo, who sponsored the above legislation, believes that impairment begins with the first drink. So, if you’ve been injured in Salt Lake City, visit our offices at 2975 West Executive Parkway in Lehi, UT. Or contact us at 385-999-2999.
Drunk Driving Crashes Can Be Deadly
Below are some of the injuries commonly associated with drunk driving accidents:
- Fractured or broken bones
- Severe lacerations and cuts
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Neck, spine, and back injuries
- Head injuries such as Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
Damages That You May Pursue in a DUI Crash Claim
If you are injured in a drunk driving crash, here are some of the types of damages that you may pursue in an accident claim with the help of a DUI accident lawyer:
- All medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Punitive damages, which are awarded to punish the drunk driver and deter that driver and society at large from driving drunk in the future
How to Win Your DUI Accident Claim
The legal system does provide an avenue for you to recover financial compensation for your damages. However, to do so, you will need to establish that the other driver’s negligence caused your injuries. Drunk driving accident victims must prove the following four elements by a preponderance of the evidence– meaning that it is more likely than not to be true:
- You were owed a duty of care by the drunk driver. This element will likely be met as long as you were on public roadways when the crash transpired.
- The drunk driver breached this duty. If it is found that the other driver was under the influence at the time of your accident, then this element will be easily met as well.
- This breach is what caused your crash. If the drunk driver flew through a red light at 90 miles per hour before crashing into you, you would not have any trouble proving that their impairment is what caused your accident.
- You were injured in this accident. As we have seen, many drunk driving accidents cause severe injuries. Therefore, as long as you were injured in this crash, you will satisfy this element.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
At Valiente Mott, our Nevada and Utah car accident lawyers work hard to maximize our clients’ financial compensation after being hit by a drunk driver– it is our singular focus.
If you have been injured in a drunk driving crash in Nevada or Utah, call us today to schedule your zero-cost consultation. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you will never see a bill from us unless you win your case.
We would like to hear from you so we can provide you with a free evaluation. It’s best to always consult with an Injury Lawyer for any type of legal advice regarding your injuries.
Our multi-state Injury Lawyers will even come to you for a free consultation. If you have a question or you are just not sure about putting together a case, let our Las Vegas Injury Law Firm help with your concerns. No fee unless we win.
Contact us today at 702-623-2323 for a FREE CONSULTATION