Slip and Fall
Any time multiple motor vehicles collide, serious injuries may result. When at least one of the vehicles is a large truck, though, the resulting injuries can be life-changing or even fatal. If you have been injured in a truck accident here in Reno, call Valiente Mott today to arrange a cost-free case review with an experienced Reno truck accident lawyer. We can thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your crash, identify all potentially liable parties, and gather the hard evidence needed to support your claim for damages. Call us today and let us help you fight for the compensation you are rightfully owed.
How Do These Truck Accidents Happen?
There are a number of potential causes of truck crashes. Some of the more common causes of these accidents are the following:
- Distracted driving
- Following too closely
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Unsafe merges
- Dangerous lane changes
- Adverse weather conditions
- Poor road conditions
- Blind spots
Your Life May Never Be the Same After a Truck Crash
Sadly, the injuries that these crashes cause can change your life – and the lives of your loved ones – forever. Here is a non-exhaustive list of injuries commonly associated with truck accidents:
- Lacerations and cuts
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Ligament damage
- Organ damage
- Broken or fractured bones
- Back, spinal cord, and neck injuries
- Head injuries such as Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
This is How You Can Help Maximize Your Financial Recovery
There often is not much you can do to prevent a large truck accident, but if you are emotionally and physically capable of doing so, you can significantly enhance the financial value of your claim by taking certain steps in the immediate aftermath of your crash. Here is what an experienced truck accident lawyer would recommend that you do:
- Call the police and see to it that an accident report is filed
- Seek medical attention no matter how you feel. The longer you wait between the crash and when you first seek medical attention, the more you run the risk of your claim diminishing in financial value. Keep in mind that some injuries will manifest themselves until hours after the accident once your adrenaline has waned. Others may not surface for several days.
- Take pictures of all property damage, your injuries, the exact location of the accident, the road, the traffic conditions when the collision happened, the weather situation, and the area surrounding the scene of the crash.
- Collect the contact information of all eyewitnesses to your accident.
- Schedule a consultation with an experienced truck accident lawyer in Reno. Not only can this meeting with a Reno truck accident attorney inform you as to the strengths and weaknesses of your claim, but it will also provide an approximate financial value of your claim, enabling you to avoid accepting a lowball settlement offer from the insurance company that is dramatically below the fair value of your claim.
- Assume at all times while your case is active that a private investigator is following you, and conduct your day-to-day activities accordingly. In other words, if you claim that your neck is so badly injured that you can never leave your house, being photographed around town dancing, running, or playing golf could significantly undermine the value of your claim.
- Halt all social media activity, and if at all possible, delete all accounts. If you cannot delete your accounts, then do not let any updates, pictures, or videos that discuss your accident, your case, or your injuries be posted online by you or anyone else. Additionally, make sure that no one posts any updates, pictures, or videos that could affect your credibility with regard to the severity of your injuries.
We Take the Fight to the Insurance Companies
Our partners at Valiente Mott – Mike Valiente and Tim Mott – are Las Vegas natives that spent many years each defending large insurance companies and corporations, frequently witnessing the injustice that was done to innocent victims. We utilize that knowledge of the “other side” to help fight for justice on behalf of our clients, and will do everything possible to maximize our clients’ financial compensation, just like we would do if we were representing our own family members.
Reno Truck Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a truck accident here in Reno, call Valiente Mott today to schedule a zero-obligation, complimentary consultation with a Nevada truck accident lawyer. Because we work on a contingency fee basis, nothing will come out of your pocket unless you win your case.
We would like to hear from you so we can provide you with a free evaluation. It’s best to always consult with an Truck Wreck Lawyer for any type of legal advice regarding your injuries.
Our Reno Truck Accident Lawyers will even come to you for a free consultation. If you have a question or you are just not sure about putting together a case, let our Law Firm help with your concerns. No fee unless we win.
Valiente Mott is a law firm dedicated to helping personal injury victims. We handle all personal injury matters, including, but not limited to, car crashes, defective products, and catastrophic injury. We are compassionate, yet aggressive when protecting personal injury victims and families who lost loved ones in fatal accidents. Learn more about who we are.
Hablamos Español. Consulta gratuita.
Personal Injury Attorney in Salt Lake City, UT
2975 West Executive Parkway, Suite 164
Lehi UT 84043