Slip and Fall
Losing a loved one at any time for any reason can be devastating. However, when your loved one dies as the result of a wrongful act by another person or entity, the pain and injustice may be amplified for you and your family. If this has happened to your family, you may have grounds to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Our Reno wrongful death attorneys at Valiente Mott help the families of wrongful death victims to fight for justice and maximum financial compensation. Call us today to schedule a free consultation.
Common Wrongful Death Cases
Wrongful death claims can arise from a number of different types of fatal accidents. Some of the more common types of wrongful death cases include the following:
- Car, truck, bus, taxi, and motorcycle crashes. Perhaps a drunk driver ran a red light, causing a fatal accident.
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents, such as when a driver who was texting while driving accidentally loses control and crashes into a bicyclist or pedestrian.
- Medical malpractice, which may include a case where a doctor negligently prescribes a medication that can be fatal for a particular patient given his or her preexisting medical conditions.
- Premises liability accidents, such as a trip and fall accident due to crumbling steps of an apartment building staircase.
- Product liability, such as brake failure that causes a fatal motor vehicle collision.
- Workplace accidents, which may be caused by a machine that was improperly maintained.
- Construction accidents, such as collapsing scaffolds that were not safely stabilized and secured.
Filing a Wrongful Death Claim
If you are an immediate family member of the victim, or the victim’s surviving spouse, you may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim. If you do not fall into either of these categories, a qualified attorney will be able to tell you whether or not you are eligible to file in your particular case.
In order to file a wrongful death claim, the first step to take is to schedule a consultation with an experienced Nevada wrongful death lawyer. In this meeting, you will learn about your legal rights, any looming legal deadlines, the strengths and weaknesses of this claim, an approximate financial value of the claim, and what that attorney plans to do to help investigate and build your case should you decide to hire him or her.
Wrongful death defendants are often represented by insurance companies, which are notorious for presenting settlement offers soon after the accident that are far below the actual value of your claim. By consulting with a Nevada personal injury attorney, you will be better positioned to know whether or not any settlement offer is fair and reasonable. Most wrongful death cases settle out of court before trial during the discovery process, but some cases do go all the way to trial.
Speak With a Reno Personal Injury Lawyer
Are you looking for the right Reno law firm to handle your wrongful death case? At Valiente Mott, our attorneys focus on providing efficient, innovative, and hassle-free solutions in our quest to deliver client-centered results. We know you want and deserve justice and fair financial compensation, and that is what we strive to achieve.
If you have lost a loved one in an accident or otherwise due to another party’s negligence or willful actions in Nevada, call Valiente Mott today to book a zero-cost case review with a Reno wrongful death lawsuit attorney. We will never charge you attorney fees unless you win your case.
Valiente Mott is a law firm dedicated to helping personal injury victims. We handle all personal injury matters, including, but not limited to, car crashes, defective products, and catastrophic injury. We are compassionate, yet aggressive when protecting personal injury victims and families who lost loved ones in fatal accidents. Learn more about who we are.
Hablamos Español. Consulta gratuita.
Personal Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
Personal Injury Attorney in Salt Lake City, UT
2975 West Executive Parkway, Suite 164
Lehi UT 84043