Slip and Fall
If you have been injured in a collision with a commercial truck in Salt Lake City, you could have a viable claim for monetary compensation. If your claim is successful, your recovery could pay for your medical bills and compensate you for your physical pain.
A successful personal injury lawsuit could be life-changing, but success is never guaranteed. Trucking companies have ample resources to fight back against a lawsuit, especially when they have insurance companies by their side. A Salt Lake City truck accident lawyer from our firm can ensure that you maximize your chances of financial recovery.
Types of truck accidents
There are different types of collisions a Utah truck accident attorney can help you seek compensation for. These accidents might vary when it comes to the facts, but the injuries that typically result from them are often devastating. Some examples could include:
- Override accidents. A type of accident unique to commercial trucks is the override accident. These collisions occur when a smaller vehicle gets trapped beneath the trailer of a commercial truck.
- Jackknife accidents. This type of crash earns its name from the way the truck takes the shape of a folding knife during the crash. These collisions occur when truck drivers lose control and slide sideways, causing the cab and trailer to fold in on each other.
- Head-on collisions. Few accidents are more severe than head-on collisions. Also known as front-end crashes, these accidents occur when the front of another vehicle strikes the front of a commercial truck.
- Overweight accidents. One of the reasons commercial vehicles are dangerous is that they are much heavier than other vehicles. When a commercial truck is heavier than its recommended weight, it could be difficult to bring to a complete stop in time to avoid a crash. These overweight vehicles are also more likely to cause severe property damage.
- Side-impact crash. A side impact collision occurs when a truck strikes the side of another vehicle. This type of accident is most likely to occur when a truck driver runs a red light or stop sign.
- Rear-end collision. The most common type of accident, a rear-end collision involves a commercial truck striking the rear-end of the vehicle in front of them. This can occur when the other vehicle is slowing or stopped at an intersection.
Common truck accident injuries
The injuries in a truck accident are often severe. This is typically due to the large size difference between commercial and passenger vehicles. Some commercial trucks outweigh passenger cars by a magnitude of 20. A Salt Lake City truck wreck lawyer can ensure that you are fairly compensated for your injuries. Some common injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Sprains and strains
- Cuts, bruises, and lacerations
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
It’s critically important to seek treatment for any injuries you suffer in a truck accident. Even if your injuries seem minor at first, there is a possibility that they could rapidly worsen in the days, weeks, or months to come. Seeking out medical care will provide you with the best opportunity to fully recover.
Treating your injuries is also beneficial to your personal injury case. By following the advice of your doctor, you could prevent the trucking company from alleging that you allowed your condition to worsen unnecessarily. The failure to follow doctor’s orders could have a devastating impact on your personal injury case.
If you suffered injuries in a collision with a commercial vehicle, a truck accident lawyer from our firm is ready to help. The right legal counsel could give you the best opportunity to recover the damages you deserve while answering your questions about the process.
The team at Valiente Mott is ready to help you seek the financial compensation you deserve. The aftermath of a truck accident can be stressful, but our team can provide you with the peace of mind that comes with sound legal guidance. Call for a free consultation right away.
Valiente Mott is a law firm dedicated to helping personal injury victims. We handle all personal injury matters, including, but not limited to, car crashes, defective products, and catastrophic injury. We are compassionate, yet aggressive when protecting personal injury victims and families who lost loved ones in fatal accidents. Learn more about who we are.
Hablamos Español. Consulta gratuita.
Personal Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
700 South 7th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Personal Injury Attorney in Reno, NV
5470 Kietzke Lane, Suite 300
Reno, NV 89511
Personal Injury Attorney in Salt Lake City, UT
2975 West Executive Parkway, Suite 164
Lehi UT 84043