Slip and Fall
If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, it is important to call an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as you can safely do so. Calling an attorney while you’re still at the scene of the accident will give them the opportunity to gather time-sensitive evidence that can help your case. Immediately after an accident, your first priority should be to evaluate yourself for any injuries and to call the relevant authorities. As soon as you do that, your next move should be to call a lawyer.
Why Call a Lawyer Immediately?
There are several reasons to call a lawyer immediately after your involvement in a car accident, including:
- Gather Time-Sensitive Evidence: By calling an attorney promptly, your counsel will have the opportunity to gather any time-sensitive evidence. Whether this includes footage from dash or security cams, interviews with eyewitnesses, or photos from the crash site, this evidence can make a huge difference in the ultimate outcome of your case.
- Prevent You From Making a Costly Mistake: Many people underestimate how easy it is to sabotage your own case. By enlisting the help of an attorney early on, all of the important tasks will be handled by someone experienced with the legal process. This will prevent you from making any unnecessary legal mistakes.
- Help You Navigate the Legal Process: The legal process after an automobile accident is quite complex, and navigating Nevada’s relevant case law requires an experienced Nevada personal injury lawyer.
How to Help Your Attorney After a Car Accident
Every piece of evidence matters in a personal injury case. By taking a few easy measures in the wake of a car accident, you can help your Nevada car accident attorney build a strong case and increase your likelihood of winning. Immediately after a car accident, you should take the following steps:
- Call the Relevant Authorities: After a car accident, you should evaluate the scene to see if anyone has sustained any injuries and render aid if possible. Whether anyone is injured or not, you should call 911 as soon as possible after the accident.
- Take Photos and Videos of the Accident Scene: One of the best ways to help your attorney build your case is to take pictures of the accident scene. You should take wide and close-up photos of any involved vehicles, any injuries sustained, the roadway, and of any other relevant items. This evidence can help reconstruct the scene in the courtroom and provide visual evidence of your claims.
- Write Down the Other Driver’s Information: You should record any other involved drivers’ names, driver’s license number, phone number, and insurance information after an accident. You will also need to exchange your information with the other drivers. If there are any eyewitnesses present, you should similarly record their information and ask them if they would be willing to give a statement to the police when they arrive.
Call Valiente Mott
Quickly consulting with an experienced car accident attorney will help ensure that you get the compensation you need and deserve. The attorneys at Valiente Mott have been successfully representing car accident victims for years and have established a track record for winning these challenging cases. Call us today to schedule a free consultation and get started on the path toward justice.
We would like to hear from you so we can provide you with a free evaluation. It’s best to always consult with an Injury Lawyer for any type of legal advice regarding your injuries.
Our Las Vegas Injury Lawyers will even come to you for a free consultation. If you have a question or you are just not sure about putting together a case, let our Las Vegas Injury Law Firm help with your concerns. No fee unless we win.
Contact us today at 702-623-2323 for a FREE CONSULTATION
Valiente Mott is a law firm dedicated to helping personal injury victims. We handle all personal injury matters, including, but not limited to, car crashes, defective products, and catastrophic injury. We are compassionate, yet aggressive when protecting personal injury victims and families who lost loved ones in fatal accidents. Learn more about who we are.
Hablamos Español. Consulta gratuita.
Personal Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
Personal Injury Attorney in Salt Lake City, UT
2975 West Executive Parkway, Suite 164
Lehi UT 84043