Rollover car accidents can be a devastating experience for anyone and cause lasting physical and emotional damage to individuals. If you or a loved one were involved in a rollover car accident due to someone else’s negligence and incurred serious emotional damage and costly injuries, our Las Vegas car accident attorneys can help you seek legal recourse. Reach out today to get started.
You can depend on our Las Vegas rollover car accident lawyers at Valiente Mott. We are a full-service law firm that takes cases on a contingency basis—our goal is to help clients get their lives back on track with minimal disruption or inconvenience.
Navigate This Page
What Causes a Rollover Car Accident?
Rollover car accidents account for only 3% of all car accidents, yet they make up about 35% of fatalities. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety reports that 76% of rollover accidents come after an impact with another car or object crashing into the tires–known as tripping–which causes the vehicle to flip. However, almost a quarter of rollover accidents are single-vehicle accidents. This can happen when operating a vehicle with a high center of gravity, such as an SUV or a pickup truck. If another vehicle merges into your lane and you have to swerve out of the way–over-correcting can result in your tires losing their grip on the road and your car rolling over.
How To Avoid a Rollover Car Accident
There are strategies that can mitigate your chances of being hurt in a rollover car accident while you’re driving on the I-15, or the Las Vegas Beltway, and they include:
- Make sure your vehicle is up to date with all safety regulations
- Frequently check your tires
- Don’t overload your vehicle
- Take corners carefully
- Observe the speed limit
How a Las Vegas Rollover Car Accident Lawyer Will Help You
At Valiente Mott, we will do everything we can to build your personal injury claim in Las Vegas after a rollover accident, including:
- Investigating the crash site to determine the accident’s cause
- Identifying the negligent party
- Calculating the cost of your damages
- Assembling proof of your injuries
- Dealing with the negligent party’s insurance company
- Filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit against the negligent party
- Pursuing a settlement with the negligent party and their insurance company
- Going to trial when a settlement is not possible
Common Injuries in a Rollover Accident
Rollover accidents frequently result in severe bodily injuries because the vehicles absorb the impact on the roof or sides.
Some of the common injuries that routinely occur in rollover accidents include the following:
- Internal bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Bone fractures
Even if an accident victim survives, their injuries may cause permanent disability or incapacitation. If a loved one did pass away in a fatal rollover car accident, our Las Vegas wrongful death attorneys can help you seek compensation.
What Damages Are Available?
As noted, the injuries that come with a rollover accident are often life-altering which can result in a substantial monetary compensation following a successful personal injury lawsuit.
A Las Vegas rollover car accident attorney could help you seek the following types of damages in your Las Vegas vehicle rollover case which can include the following:
- Property damage. This would consist of your vehicle and the valuables inside it, such as cell phones and laptops.
- Compensation for medical bills. The possibility of facing sudden, unexpected medical debt can be overwhelming. The medical costs following a severe injury can make meeting your monthly financial obligations difficult. If you succeed in your personal injury claim, you could recoup the cost of paying for medical treatment like surgeries or physical therapy.
- Lost wages. Few things are more frustrating than being forced to lose your primary source of income due to an injury. If your accident caused you to miss time from work, you might have a case for recovering a monetary award covering your lost wages and lost earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering. The physical pain you suffer in an accident can also be a source of financial compensation. Pain might be subjective, but your vehicle rollover attorney in Las Vegas could make a strong case for what your pain and suffering claim is worth. It typically includes physical pain, mental anguish, and other physical and emotional damages from a rollover accident.
At Valiente and Mott, we calculate the full extent of short-term and long-term damages, ensuring that you and your family are fairly compensated.
Contact Our Las Vegas Rollover Car Accident Lawyer
If you were hurt in a rollover vehicle accident, you have the right to seek justice from the responsible party. At Valiente and Mott, our rollover car accident lawyers in Las Vegas work hard to recover maximum compensation on your behalf because we understand the gravity of your situation. We know how difficult it can be when you’re unable to work to support your family because of your injuries. Contact us today to request your free case evaluation.