Slip and Fall
T-Bone car accidents get their name from the position of the vehicles involved in the collision. The front of one vehicle strikes the side of another, making a “T” shape when looking from above. This type of accident is common in intersections, and the injuries that occur as a result can be catastrophic.
If you were hurt in a T-bone car accident, you could be entitled to substantial financial compensation. With the right representation on your side, you can pursue legal action and hold the negligent party accountable for the crash. Let an auto accident lawyer in Nevada at Valiente Mott assist you with pursuing your T-bone accident case.
How do T-Bone accidents happen?
These accidents occur when one vehicle collides with the side of another vehicle. This typically occurs in an intersection where one driver fails to yield the right-of-way. The driver of the vehicle that strikes the side of the other car is not always at fault. In some cases, a motorist will fail to yield at a red light or stop sign, only to have the driver with the right-of-way collide with the side of their vehicle.
While these accidents usually happen at intersections, they can occur in other situations. Drivers turning into or out of parking lots could cause a T-bone accident if they fail to notice other motorists in their path.
What these accidents have in common is the failure to yield.
T-bone accidents, also called side-impact collisions, can result in serious bodily harm. If, for example, you were stopped at an intersection, and another driver t-boned you, they would usually be at fault. A car accident attorney from Valiente Mott could hold them accountable through a civil lawsuit. With our extensive experience, we could fight to maximize your financial recovery so you can focus on healing. We handle all personal injury matters, including car crashes. We are compassionate yet aggressive when protecting our clients who deserve justice after they’ve been seriously injured.
Evidence that proves fault in a side impact accident
If you are injured in a T-bone accident, your chances of recovering compensation will depend on whether you can show the other party was at fault for the collision. To prove negligence, you will need evidence. There are numerous ways you could establish fault in your case. Some common examples include:
- Traffic camera footage. In some cases, a traffic camera will catch the accident as it happens. Footage can also be provided from a dashboard camera. Video of the accident is often the best evidence available in these cases.
- Witness statements. Independent witnesses to the accident could also provide a clear picture of how a crash occurred. These witnesses could provide insight into who was at fault, and their testimony could carry weight due to their lack of ties to either party.
- Cellphone records. Distracted driving is a common cause of accidents. Cellphone data could prove that the other motorist was using their phone at the time of the crash.
- Admissions. It is possible the other driver might admit fault. These admissions could carry significant weight at trial.
Where do T-bone accidents happen?
T-bone accidents are most common in intersections. Drivers who fail to yield the right-of-way will likely collide with other vehicles. One of the most common causes is a driver entering an intersection without stopping at a red light or stop sign. In these circumstances, the other motorist is likely unable to avoid a collision because they are unaware of the oncoming car and therefore unable to get out of their way.
How can an attorney help?
There are many ways a car accident lawyer from Las Vegas could help and they include the following:
- Investigate the crash. The first step in any successful T-bone accident lawsuit is to investigate the collision. This involves reviewing the fact patterns and determining who was at fault.
- Negotiate a settlement. A skilled lawyer could get the compensation you deserve by negotiating a settlement on your behalf. Many T-bone accident cases are resolved through this process, however securing a fair offer can be challenging.
- Litigate your case. When settlement is not possible, our firm is prepared to take your case to trial. Our approach to litigation allows us to work towards a settlement while preparing for trial.
Contact us at Valiente Mott for a free consultation
If you were hurt in a T-bone accident, you deserve legal counsel that will fight for you. We are proud of our track record of success in these cases. If you are ready to pursue justice, call our firm for a free consultation. Our mission is to protect the injured and ensure they are not manipulated by insurance companies or corporations. And since we work on a contingency fee basis, you will not pay attorney’s fees unless we win compensation for your injuries. We look forward to hearing from you. Hablamos Español.
Valiente Mott is a law firm dedicated to helping personal injury victims. We handle all personal injury matters, including, but not limited to, car crashes, defective products, and catastrophic injury. We are compassionate, yet aggressive when protecting personal injury victims and families who lost loved ones in fatal accidents. Learn more about who we are.
Hablamos Español. Consulta gratuita.
Personal Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
700 South 7th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Personal Injury Attorney in Reno, NV
5470 Kietzke Lane, Suite 300
Reno, NV 89511
Personal Injury Attorney in Salt Lake City, UT
2975 West Executive Parkway, Suite 164
Lehi UT 84043